This document today is intended for any writer who is researching the Ayn Van Dyk case for the purpose of telling her story of autism and the manner in which she was taken into custody by the Ministry of Children of B.C. for the purpose of protecting her - from who knows what? She loves her home and her parents and her brothers. She should be returned immediately. Read and you will agree.
The document was prepared by advocate Jean Nicol on Feb2, 2012. She writes that this list of sites was compiled at the request of someone wanting background information before speaking to Derek to arrange an interview. It may be useful to someone in a similar circumstance. What follows is Jean's collection.
"The following links all are from the blog FREEDOM FOR AYN. Ayn's supporters also have a website called JUSTICE4AYN.
Most of the following blog posts are Derek’s writings that I have collected over the past 5 months from Sept 2011 until Jan 2012. There are many more blog entries at the FREEDOM FOR AYN Blog site all directly related to Ayn and this story, as well as quite a few pictures.
- DEREK HOARE SEPTEMBER 2011 DAILY UPDATES
- DEREK HOARE’S EXPLANATION FOR NOT VISITING AYN DURING FOSTER CARE
- DEREK’S DECISION ABOUT NOT VISITING AYN
- DEREK’S OCTOBER 2011 UPDATES
- PUBLIC INFORMATION RELEASE
- DEREK’S NOVEMBER 2011 UPDATES
- DRUGS CAN’T STOP TEARS
- DEREK’S DECEMBER 2011 UPDATES
- CHRISTMAS THAT’S GONE FOREVER
- LONG AWAITED CASE CONFERENCE
- NOT THE UPDATE WE HAD HOPED FOR
- Ron Unruh writes an excellent blog called GPS in which he includes some of Derek’s writings in some of his posts but those and more would be found in our blog. Ron has some very good posts about Ayn’s story, MCFD etc.
- The PAPA inBC (People Assisting Parents Association) website has the following specific link to a story about Derek Hoare entitled 'Removal of a 9-Year Old Autistic Girl in Abbotsford, British Columbia (16 June 2011)'
- Here is Derek’s ORIGINAL PLEA FOR AYN
- Outline of VIOLATIONS OF HUMAN RIGHTS
- WHY DRUGGING AYN IS WRONG
- A SYNOPSIS: BC’s MINISTRY OF CHILDREN, PERSONNEL & PRACTICE
- The PETITION is quite an accomplishment
- This is a link to a document listing VIDEOS & PRESS RELEASES"