|Josiah in the Month of June|
Since early July Paul and Zabeth have known that their children would be returned to them. In a cordial meeting attended by their lawyer Robert Hamilton, MCFD legal counsel Dean Tate and case worker Matthew Walker as well as new director Sheila Zeiner, they were informed of this news. Since the social worker requested that the Baynes should not make these details known prior to July 23, the date upon which the parents would be allowed to inform their children that they are scheduled to come home, I complied with that request.
Prior to the meeting their counsel was able to disclose to them the content of Dr. Conrad Bowden's thorough Parental Capacity Assessment. In brief he found that neither Paul nor Zabeth fit a profile for a child abusive parent. He found them capable of caring for their children and having the stamina, energy, knowledge, skills and commitment to effectively care for their children. Dr. Bowden's report then advised on the appropriate process whereby the reintegration of the children to the Bayne household could be affected and this was part of the discussion at the meeting.
There was a clear sense conveyed in an apologetic manner by the Ministry lawyer on this occasion that MCFD understood how difficult this ordeal has been for the Baynes. They were also informed that there were no further requirements of the Baynes upon which the return of all four children was contingent. They took the time to discuss the plan and process by which the return would happen. From that meeting there was no further supervision required for visits with the children and Paul and Zabeth could take the children anywhere and visit anyone whom they chose. They have been able to choose the school for the autumn term which the children will attend. The boys have been measured for school uniforms and believe it or not, they were quite excited about this. Josiah has stayed overnight as have the three older children. All of these are stems to acclimatize the family to what will be taking place.
- According to the two month schedule, today, Josiah will be returned permanently to the Baynes.
- On August 3rd on Bethany's birthday, the three older children will join the party for three hours.
- August 4th is the date upon which Josiah's custody will be legally transferred to the Baynes.
- From August 6-9 the three older children will be staying with Paul and Zabeth.
- Then again from August 11-15th, these three older children stay overnight.
- Another phase of reintegration occurs August 18-22 as the three oldest stay overnight once more.
- Finally on August 25th, 2011 all four children will be effectively and permanently returned to Paul and Zabeth and it will be filed in court that day.
PS. Lawyer Robert Hamilton has been attending to some aspects of the case following the yeoman's efforts by Doug Christie. The Baynes will forever be grateful to Mr. Christie.