Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Day / Jour de l'Action de grâce / Part 334 / For Love and For Justice / Zabeth and Paul Bayne

Thanksgiving Day / Jour de l'Action de grâce

I trust that all my Canadian readers are enjoying this Thanksgiving long weekend with its Monday stat holiday. Typically, this marks the celebration of harvest across the land. Although Thanksgiving has a rich and long history it was on January 31, 1957, that the Canadian Parliament proclaimed: “A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October.” This year it has fallen on Monday 11th, 2010.

Whether or not you share my belief in an Almighty God, you will permit me to express the reasons that come to my mind for thanksgiving pertaining to the Bayne case.

I am thankful that each of Paul's and Zabeth's three children are healthy and improving in every way.
I am thankful that their little girl has made steady recovery from the injuries she sustained in 2007.
I am thankful that the little girl was permitted to join her two brothers in a foster environment this past year.
I am thankful that the foster care that these three children are receiving is from responsible and compassionate foster parents.
I am thankful that the children love their mommy and daddy so much.
I am thankful that two weeks ago Judge Crabtree ruled that Paul's and Zabeth's visits with their children can be in the Bayne's own home.
I am thankful that Paul and Zabeth can enjoy a Thanksgiving Day and dinner with their children in their own home this year.
I am thankful that at last the court case itself has been completed.
I am thankful for the stamina and strength the Baynes have exhibited for three years.
I am thankful for their resolve in the face of unbelievable hardship.
I am thankful that Paul and Zabeth are well and healthy.
I am thankful that this couple have so many friends who support them emotionally.
I am thankful that we have strong hope that Judge Crabtree will award the children to their parents within two months.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that, Ron. A positive judgment from Judge Crabtree hopefully will have these three little ones home at last with their parents arms open wide to receive them. Couldn't think of a better Christmas present for them all!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments using this filter.
1. Write politely with a sincere statement, valid question, justifiable comment.
2. Engage with the blog post or a previous comment whether you agree or disagree.
3. Avoid hate, profanity, name calling, character attack, slander and threats, particularly when using specific names.
4. Do not advertise