Saturday, October 23, 2010

DID YOU KNOW? / Part 345 / For Love and For Justice / Zabeth and Paul Bayne

New Leather – Did You Know
Hello, look at your car, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back at mine. Sadly you haven't got a car like mine, but if you were a lawyer representing the Ministry of Children and Family Development you could drive one like mine. Look at my car's emblem, now back up, where are you? You're in a showroom with a person who already owns one of the cars on display. What's in your hand, back at that show car. You need a key that fits the ignition of that new car with which you have fallen in love. Look again, the key is in your hand. Anything is possible when you graduate from law school and become employed by MCFD. I'm in the driver's seat. [Smell like new leather. Be an MCFD lawyer]

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.” [Smell like a man, man. Old Spice]
 
"Hello, everybody, now look at yourself, now back to me, now back at yourself, now back to me. Sadly, you are not a Monster, but if you listen to Grover you will learn all about the word: “On”. Just as this monster does. Look down, back up. Where am I, ah, “I am on a boat”. What is in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it is a clam with two tickets to that thing you love. (clam bites nose) “On my nose”. Anything is possible when you smell like a Monster and you know the word “On”. “I am on a horse”.  "Moo."  "Cow." Smell like a monster On Sesame Street

Hello, parents, look at your life, now look at mine, now back at yours, now back at mine. Sadly, you aren't me, but if you work in social services, and specialize in child protection, you can act like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in court with the person you could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. I have the CFCSA in my hand to justify everything that I do. Look again, the folder is in your hand and you now have all the power. Anything is possible when you work for MCFD. I'm writing an affidavit. [Enjoy authority. Be a Protection SW]

I couldn't help myself.

8 comments:

  1. Only thing I have to add is that it's not necessary to be a MCFD lawyer to get that car. Being a Social Worker with MCFD will get that car. Don't believe me? Drive by a Ministry Office before "clients" arrive or go to Court on MCFD day. It's a better place to see all the high end vehicles than Robson. Need help paying for gas for your new vehicle? You can claim that back as an expense in your job as a Social Worker. Don't worry, you'll never have to be embarrassed by driving one of those Toyota Prius' MCFD bought. They rarely move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The text version loses a bit in the translation... cute though.

    It's funny, the previous commenter mentioned a Toyota Prius. The supervision worker in my case used the local MCFD office's Prius to transport my children from the three locations to my home for their 90-minute visits at my home (usually shortened to 60-minutes, as they were late to arrive, early to leave. The driving took longer than the visit, not to mention the post-visit notes transcription afterwards.

    I personally have not seen any social workers driving lavish autos. I would gather since few front line social worker/team leader/CSM salaries are listed in the Provinces public service salaries over $75,000, their personal affluence is not out of line with any other public sector industries.

    However, you look at the 1.3 billion dollar budget and the 1,300 or so social workers, that is 1 million dollars yearly worth of expenditures via the clientelle they oversee.

    Perhaps rub some old spice on those numbers to cover up the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anon 2:33 PM
    Were your children returned to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, all children were returned.
    Supervision stopped when the employee quit. Seven months later, MCFD withdrew at the protection trial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8:48 PM Anon
    I am so glad for you that your children were returned. And still, isn't seven months excessive? All MCFD required was sufficient time to insure all was well. Best interests of children is not even a consideration in so many of these cases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it just a coincidence that MCFD is doing a major Prevent "Shaken Baby Syndrome" PR blitz at this point in time (e.g., just as the Bayne trial is wrapping up)?
    ==================

    B.C.'s knitters are banding together to put a lid on shaken baby syndrome.

    From Elkford on the Alberta border to Children's Ministry headquarters in Victoria, volunteer stitchers are churning out tiny purple caps for newborns as a way to promote a prevention program known as the Period of Purple Crying.

    B.C. Children's Hospital hopes to hand out 1,000 of the hats next month along with the program's Purple DVDs and booklets, which are provided free to all new parents across the province.

    The goal of the program is to teach people that inconsolable crying is normal in a newborn, and that there's not necessarily anything wrong with the child or what are the parents are doing. It's hoped that if parents have a better understanding of infant crying, they'll be less likely to get frustrated and resort to shaking their baby.

    The Ministry of Children and Family Development reports that five to 15 children in B.C. end up in hospital each year with a traumatic brain injury caused by shaking. One in four die, and most of those who survive have some form of permanent brain damage.

    The Purple Crying program teaches techniques to console a baby such as carrying, comforting, walking and talking to the infant. But the materials also say that if the crying becomes too frustrating, it's OK to place the child in a safe place and walk away for five to 10 minutes, and that, under no circumstances, should anyone ever shake an infant.

    Knitters across the province have embraced the prevention program, spreading the word on Twitter and Facebook, and turning out hats by the bathtub-full.

    lkines@timescolonist.com

    © Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist


    Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/Knitters+shaken+baby+cases/3710388/story.html#ixzz13L1VGNA7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, they gave me a DVD, I did not watch it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 11:58 PM Anon
    Was your reference to the DVD related to the Purple Crying project?

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments using this filter.
1. Write politely with a sincere statement, valid question, justifiable comment.
2. Engage with the blog post or a previous comment whether you agree or disagree.
3. Avoid hate, profanity, name calling, character attack, slander and threats, particularly when using specific names.
4. Do not advertise