Thursday, December 31, 2009

Zabeth and Paul Bayne – Part 75 – The Bayne Campaign for Justice


A LETTER FROM A HURTING PARENT
Zabeth and I correspond frequently. She will play a musical concert this coming Sunday evening to raise funds for legal expenses. The court dates are set for January 12-15 2010, so her emotional generator is pumping hard. They have such little time with their children each week. This sordid mess has gone on for over two years. I want you to read some of the letter Zabeth wrote to me yesterday, when I asked her how they were doing and how I could pray for them.

"Thank you for asking as to our welfare and direction for prayer. Even though our Christmas was directed at helping others yes, it was hard to get through as we watched families out shopping and passed homes decorated for celebrating with their loved ones. Now we are looking to the future. Paul looks ahead confidently, with hope and trust in our Lord, believing that His will is the return of the family He has given us, but nevertheless God's will be done. I look ahead with mixed feelings - following in the path my husband has laid out but knowing that I must take the same path of trust and faith in our Lord Jesus."

"Yesterday when we had to put our children back in the drivers van to take them away our son K. pulled Daddy to the back of the van and whispered. "Daddy do I have to go in her van again. When can I come home?" Daddy told him that it would be soon. In the van as I hugged them goodbye I said in three more sleeps we will see you again. He kicked his feet and said yeah in three sleeps I can come home. Sadly I told him no, we would only be visiting, but we see the king (judge) in I think sixteen sleeps and we are asking him to have you come home. Our children are praying too."

"It is hard to write of the court day and how our lives hang on this without crying. No one can understand the pain of having your children ripped from your arms and then to have your heart torn to shreds daily. To have social workers lie about you and to be accused of something so repulsive is utterly humiliating. Wherever we go we are faced with the assumption of guilty until proven innocent. We love children and absolutely adore ours. It is hard to be branded a child abuser when you are innocent. Pray that one day this "brand" is removed and we can be the parents we want to be."


If you care to attend Sunday's Concert, then due to limited seating we ask you to indicate your intention to come by calling 778-228-4717 to reserve your place or send an email reservation request to sendthechildrenhome@gmail.com

Concert at 6:30 PM at Richmond Peace Mennonite Church, 11571 Daniels Road, Richmond, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage your comments using this filter.
1. Write politely with a sincere statement, valid question, justifiable comment.
2. Engage with the blog post or a previous comment whether you agree or disagree.
3. Avoid hate, profanity, name calling, character attack, slander and threats, particularly when using specific names.
4. Do not advertise