Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'M NOT, BUT IF I WERE / Part 288 / For Love and For Justice / Zabeth and Paul Bayne/

I'm not, but if I were JUDGE THOMAS CRABTREE, I would use my newly bestowed power and influence as Chief Justice of B.C. to improve the way the Child, Family and Community Services Act and the Ministry of Children and Family Development and the Legal System interact with families in which concern for children's safety has been registered.

I'm not, but if I were, HONOURABLE MARY POLAK, or DEPUTY MINISTER LESLIE DU TOIT, I would take seriously the criticisms and concerns of public opinion and announce and expeditiously conduct an exhaustive performance evaluation of the regional offices, directors and administrators with specific reference to the cases handled by their regions during the past five years.

I'm not, but if I were, a FOSTER PARENT, I would regard my relationship with a foster child as a trust given to me and an opportunity for the short term of providing genuine care, and if called upon for a longer term to shape and to influence a child with a view to his or her future, instilling values of worth and imparting genuine love. I would want to be like Esther Cordner who has cared for and inspired Frankie Bones for eighteen years.

I'm not, but if I were, a SOCIAL WORKER and was asked to become involved in child protection investigative intake work, I would be personally committed to protecting children while doing everything I could to empower parents and to preserve and protect the family and under the present Act I would remove a child from home only after exhausting all other alternatives and I would be grieved by abusive and irresponsible parents and seek to help them to overcome and change so restoration may occur.

I'm not, but if I were, A LAWYER, I would not and could not work for the MCFD where my best efforts would always be directed toward defending the decisions of a social working network over which I had no ownership or control, and which predictably would be seeking to separate children from parents.

I'm not, but if I were, A PARENT WHOSE CHILD WAS REMOVED, I would be broken hearted and very angry, but if I was at fault, I would admit my responsibility and do everything I could to personally change and to redeem myself and my family; and if my situation had been misrepresented I would seek to clear this up and if necessary would go public with the story of injustice.

I'm not, but if I were, A CHILD REMOVED BY MCFD, and old enough to fully experience my loss, I would cry, would become withdrawn, would lose trust, would not want to talk. If I had been abused physically or sexually I would be glad to be away from my abuser, and if I had been neglected I would be grateful for food, clothing, shelter and care; and if my parent(s) didn't want me I would be bewildered for years; and if my parents wanted me desperately but were prevented by MCFD, I would pray that Judge Crabtree would give me back to my parents.

6 comments:

  1. if...I was a child forcefully removed by CPS under false pretenses after I am an adult I would charge my "parent" in criminal and civil court for child abuse which does not have statutory expiration...
    Kidnapping is criminal..
    Anyone who participates in kidnapping or knows about someone who does it is criminal. Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is unlikely that these people named in today's blog will do the right things suggested if Ron were them. The Bayne's case would not have gone this far if people at the top have not given their approval. What should we do next other than whining in this cyber space?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't whining. This is citizen journalism. Pastor Ron's blog was brought many people together.

    I am in NYC and as such, I can't lobby your Canadian officials but I can do all I can as a paralegal to assist the Baynes.

    We, all, each of us, can do something. If you are in Canada, then lobby your officials for change.

    If you are in Canada or in the States or in the UK or Australia, then speak out in your own states and provinces.

    Pastor Ron is leading the good fight. It is up to each of us who read this blog to continue the fight.

    Reader from NYC

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were in a sane world, I would charge MCFD workers who write down malicious statements with defamation. I would charge lawyers who make their money from misery with stealing. I would set the children free who have been stolen and let them go home to their moms and dads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is missing is a blog entry on "integrity."

    If you are making yourself the common denominator in the 'what if' scenario, the implication is that with their skills, you would do a better job because you have integrity, are not subject to being compromised (presumably regardless of the cost), and would be quite happy to be the nail sticking out of the floorboard, waiting to be pounded down flat.

    If any of the various professionals have a lack of integrity, it simply does not matter how much education and experience they have. What lack of integrity does is make that person with the expertise or power over their fellow citizen that much more dangerous.

    I believe it was Ray Ferris who similarly commented a number of times that if integrity was not present within a social worker, they can do a lot of damage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am noting that Leah Bush was not granted immunity so she could testify against Robert Pickton and that immunity could have prevented 13 deaths. Yet when people who call CPS and complain and lie about parents have complete immunity. They are not charged with mischief or malice or defamation.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments using this filter.
1. Write politely with a sincere statement, valid question, justifiable comment.
2. Engage with the blog post or a previous comment whether you agree or disagree.
3. Avoid hate, profanity, name calling, character attack, slander and threats, particularly when using specific names.
4. Do not advertise