Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby it's Hot Inside/Outside


Yesterday, was the Hottest day ever recorded in Vancouver. It's been like that for days, and is expected to continue.

It's all that we can talk about. I woke up on the family room floor this morning where I slept on a couple of lounge mattresses. Upstairs was too hot last night. It was 5 am when I awoke and it was already 'butter melting in the cupboard' hot. It is 'even the shade is hot' weather. I am golfing with Tim this morning, T-ing off at 7:30 am to beat the heat at my local course. It has been one year since I retired, and this morning I wish I was back at work because that office was air conditioned. This could become expensive. Christine took off to the bank, to a couple of other businesses and to the mall the other day so she could spend time in AC facilities and be in the AC car. We are not equipped for this heat here in ocean side, moderate lower mainland BC. Most houses have never heard about heat pumps and air conditioning units. We don't want to complain too loudly because we know the rains and the clouds will come soon enough. A little rain right now would be a relief. Roofers in our neighbourhood work until noon and then knock off. It's over 100 F and 38 C up there. I have a fan blasting warm air at my back at this moment as I tap these words on my laptop. It is too warm for me to paint. My acrylics dry before I apply. I am writing this particularly for my Ontario friends whom I hear have had a wet and cool few weeks of summer, and your winter (brrr) comes so soon. Ahh, winter! snow, ice, cold, frigid, freezing. Sounds so good.

GPS Application
Revelation 3:15-16 quoted from the translation known as "the Message" pictures God speaking to the ancient church of Laodicea about its tepid spirituality. It's classic and bold. ""I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot—far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage your comments using this filter.
1. Write politely with a sincere statement, valid question, justifiable comment.
2. Engage with the blog post or a previous comment whether you agree or disagree.
3. Avoid hate, profanity, name calling, character attack, slander and threats, particularly when using specific names.
4. Do not advertise