Thursday, October 28, 2010

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS/ Part 350 / For Love and For Justice / Zabeth and Paul Bayne

I know foster parents personally. Over a period of many years I have watched these foster parents that I know do a praiseworthy job of raising someone else's children. I know adoptive parents whose families have been comprised of children born to someone else yet who were integrated with such love that it was seamless. I applaud excellent foster parents and superior adoptive parents. They transform unfortunate life events into redemptive rescues and recoveries.

This blogsite is not designed to castigate or demean foster or adoptive parents and families.

I know competent social workers who dedicate themselves to effective responsible work. Knowing them has caused me to conclude that the dominant motivation for people who embark upon a career in social work is the unmistakable desire to help people with social needs. They desire and they receive training to provide a variety of resources to people with social difficulties within the target population in which they work. They have access to and they may collaborate with other social care organizations and government institutions as mediators and consultants.

We are all proud of our province
This blogsite is not designed to rebuke or humiliate social workers whether at the front line or in a supervisory role.

Listen, I could do this all day. I know as friends, doctors and lawyers and people in law enforcement and I am certain that almost everyone who enters these professions do so with laudable intentions. This blog is not designed to reprimand or offend any who spend their lives in these fields.

However, it may sometimes appear that this blog is merely a vehicle for disseminating vitriol to scar people employed in positions to which I have alluded above, because child protection activities at the heart of these daily written communications have bred such wrath and anguish, not in me personally, but in those for whom and about whom I write. Further, my thoughts provide opportunity for the wounded to respond and they do, often with words directed like a scatter gun at everyone in the fields related to their damaged lives. Everyone who is suspected of being responsible for disrupting and interfering and even ruining a family becomes a target for a verbal blast.

You see, I also know personally, people whose children should never have been held from their parents for as long a period as has been the case. I know parents who have not received from social workers a respect and compassion we would associate with their professions. I know parents who have been handled with disinterest, discourtesy and cruelty by healthcare and legal and law enforcement persons.

So you will have to excuse what appears to be an occasional outburst or an overstep of civility because YOU HAVE NOT BEEN LISTENING. Ms. Polak, Ms. Du Toit, Ms. Turpel-Lafond, Mr. Campbell, Mr. de Jong, Mr. McNeill, Mr. Fitzimmons, Mr. Jensen, Mr. Gulbot, Mr. Humeny, there are parents and children who are not being heard. Attention must be paid to a countless number of parents who are powerless to recover their families because an entire ministry and legal system is charged with a mandate that can be deemed counter productive to the objectives of these disenfranchised parents. In so many of these cases, the best interests of the children is being misunderstood and misinterpreted. I am begging you to begin to listen to their heart cries. This province needs to become proactive, a trail blazer in reform of child protection policy and practice. I know that you can do this.

5 comments:

  1. Politicians and bureaucrats can reform and stop this oppression against the people they are supposed to serve. But they won't unless parents garner enough support and create a public outcry similar with that of the anti HST movement.

    Politics is all about power, money and fame. "Child protection" gives them all of these. No oppressor in history give up their power voluntarily. Be mindful that this is a very lucrative business.

    "If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt.”

    It is important to understand what the "child protection" industry wants the public to believe in the 2-part propaganda video made by the CPS (MCFD counterpart) in Sacramento County, California below:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcGnQFi0zg

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWsBsBO4n4

    Despite the differences in law, they are beating the same drum like removing children is the last resort, working toward reuniting the family, trusting social workers is critical, there is due process to get children back, ... etc. I will let other bloggers to comment on these misleading suggestions.

    These video are professionally made at public expense. Using previous "clients" to say good things about them is a brilliant tactic to convince those who know little about the industry. With their budget, buying clients to praise them is easy. Compared with those made by oppressed parents that Ron remarked as low quality, you can see the disparity in strategic strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I belonged to any of the professions which are under attack because of the behavior of some of those who are in that professions, instead of defending that profession, I would do everything I could to ensure that the profession was cleaned up. I have to wonder when I see people so adamantly and defensively defending a profession or occupation when it is clear that that profession or occupation has enough bad seeds to warrant being criticized. This goes for police, social workers, lawyers and so on. Instead of being defensive, do what you can to improve the reputation of the profession or occupation. This includes being a whistleblower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son's father comitted suicide my son will never get to have a realtionship with him. The MCFD treated him like he didnt exsist when he was a live; it has been all these years later
    and the premier just turns a blind eye to those families who are sufferning! The Premier needs to stop glorifying the MCFD and fix what is wrong! I am hoping you understand what Im trying to say the Premier needs to give his head a shake remove the corrupt social workers
    or practice and save a much needed to be saved broken system for love and justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday I found out that I will get my other child back. He is a teenager. I lost my baby over the issues relating to his care. It was unlucky for me as I was there with my baby and she was taken just because it was a take one take them all situation. She is back too.
    Yesterday we had a very nice visit with two very nice SWs. I still feel a bit beaten up though. It is very wrenching to go through all of this.
    It was all coming together and it may be that I do not need to go to court again. I guess that my husband could not help but to give the SW a piece of his mind though. So they told us their p.o.v. A lecture followed.
    A child is under the government's eye until they are 19, the SWs are obliged to investigate any call that comes in, then it is apprehension first, work it out later.
    In the end, I am not sure who is responsible for all of it, but it is a tougher system. It is legally set up a certain way and that is where the problem is. Any SW is just doing their job. They are the front line agents of this system. But it is the system that takes the kids immediately and the whole legal machine that follows that is not necessary, but it is being I do know that it can be hard if an individual SW does not like you, I have had that happen before. I also know that there are some good ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10:17 AM Anon
    That's a very fair assessment of SW's on the job and within the context of your real life experience. Thanks. Glad you in the recovery stage.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments using this filter.
1. Write politely with a sincere statement, valid question, justifiable comment.
2. Engage with the blog post or a previous comment whether you agree or disagree.
3. Avoid hate, profanity, name calling, character attack, slander and threats, particularly when using specific names.
4. Do not advertise